Thursday, February 25, 2010

So much for spring?

Well, we were given a slight taste of what the normal weather pattern this time of year is... and then it was yankd from us! We went from 60degrees to snow, all in one day.

The weather here in WNC never ceases to amaze me. It changes so quickly and without warning.

Yesterday, Carl built a ramp for the neighbor's dog. Poor Blackie has lost the full use of his hind leg/hip on one side. He is a beautiful, old, greyhound rescue. He wasn't able to get up and down the 3-4 steps from the door to the yard, and this was the solution. Carl's skills never cease to amaze me :)


While Carl was working on the ramp, it really began to snow! I have to admit, it was gorgeous, but I am ready for spring.

The woods, rivers, and just all of nature is calling me. I can't wait until all the access roads to our favorite hiking areas are re-opened. I heard that the National Forest Roads will be open this week if they didn't today.

Thanks to Deb that treated us to dinner as a thank-you! It made it easy to go to bed early.

On a side note, is it wrong that I love that my child had a two-hour-delay today? I got a nice long night of sleep for the first time in a while!

No comments: