Monday, May 4, 2009

Bummed...

How is it that the internet can connect people who have never met, and make differences in their lives?

For over a year now, I have been following the blog of a mom who has been fighting breast cancer since 2003/2004. http://jennjewkes.blogspot.com/ A local mom posted her link on a chat group and I happened to click it.

I have never met this woman, but her story, her strength, and her life have effected me. I now do monthly breast exams... I have fasted for her and all of those effected by breast cancer at least once a month since I started following her story.

What is even worse is that her story is not uncommon. I cannot imagine the pain of knowing I was going to be leaving my children in that way, and knowing what they were going to see.

She is amazing.

Her brother updated her blog last night, and it looks like she is not going to win this fight. Her body is shutting down.

I will be praying and fasting for her tomorrow, I would love for you all to as well.

Please pray that she passes in peace and that her husband, children, family and friends find peace with their pain too.

I'm sending as much love and strength to her as I can.

No comments: