Sunday, February 21, 2010

And this is why you listen to mom...

So, over the weekend WNC had perfect weather. I think we even hit 60degrees on Sunday...

Well, we took the boys for a hike and picnic at the river, and while I was making lunch I kept telling the boys to stop throwing rocks into the water. I had a few reasons for stopping it, one was because they would scare away the fish, two was because the beach was really sandy and they needed clean hands, and third was because I didn't want them to fall in...

I was making sandwiches as we sat, and handed them out according to age, with Rory being first. I reminded him again to stop throwing rocks.

As I was finishing making all the sandwiches and handing them out... I hear Rory start crying.

I turn to him and see that he has a rock in his hand and no sandwich.

It didn't take long to realize what happened. Rory threw his sandwich in the water instead of the intended rock... That definitely wasn't the reason I was telling him not to throw rocks, but hey, it works as a reason to listen to mom!

Here is Rory right after throwing his lunch away:


And here is the floating sandwich (which became fish food):

No comments: