Thursday, February 18, 2010

An awesome mini-vacation!

We had an awesome set of friends who invited us to Wilderness in the Smokies and since Rory had a snow-day on Monday, and no school on Tuesday, we decided to take them up on their offer and to go.

It was AWESOME. Probably one of the coolest things I have ever been to. They have a HUGE indoor waterpark with anything you can imagine!

Arden and Canyon got to play in the kiddie pools (there were 2!) and Rory was tall enough to go on all the rides except for one waterslide. I found out later why he couldn't go on that slide... it was HUGE and like nothing I have ever be on!!!!

They also have an indoor wave pool, 3 other big slides, and an awesome surf wave. Rory rode it all, and rode hard all day. He got on the surf wave and body boarded!! He was so good at it that people stopped, watched him, and cheered!!!!! He would start to wash out, and then paddle back down it with his hands to get back into the sweet spot, it was great. I didn't get any photos of him or me, (but we hope to order them) I did however get a few good ones of Carl! He had a blast, he wiped out trying to do tricks... So here are a handful of photos, I was too busy having fun to get many.

And again, Steph and Chris, thank you SO much :)

 

 

 

  

 

  

  

 

No comments: