Friday, April 13, 2012

April 13th, 2003...

That was the day the we all lost an amazing man, an amazing soul, and an overall amazing person.

Jeffrey Allen Mayfield was perhaps one of the funniest, light hearted, and loving people whom I have ever had the privilege to meet. Part of me is different and better for having known him. 

All of us who were lucky enough to have called him a friend took something from him. His personality oozed goodness and happiness more than anything else. 

Grieving for Jeff was one of the hardest things I have ever had to do, and he really sits in the back of my thoughts often. I would have thought that 9 years later, that the feelings I felt would be lighter, but they aren't... however with those 9 years, I have gained the perspective to be able to look back and remember the smiles, the laugh, and the fun times we had together.

Jeff gave so many people the gift of his love, and I just hope that I am 1/3 of the good person he was. 

Carl and I have so much to thank him for... our first home, our first child, our love...

I miss you Jeff. Thank you for everything. 

So today, in your memory, I am not going to cry. I am going to laugh; I am going to think of you; I am going to spend time with the people that I love. I want to give others what you gave me... happiness.



No comments: