Saturday, August 9, 2008

Life back to "normal"

Today, life is back to normal (or something that resembles it) for us. We have water, although tonight the color is so bad that it looks like sweet tea, we are overcoming the nasties we have had, and we fixed the tires on the mower.

I was able to do wash:


The boys played in the sandbox:


Under the sprinkler:


On the swing set:


And rested in the yard:


All while dad mowed the yard:


Then Dad convinced everyone it was fun to weed the garden:


Which someone thought meant pick mom's tea roses by hand:


Last week we were lucky enough to watch a HUGE poplar tree be taken down by Timber Tiger Tree Service. They ARE licensed and insured. These guys showed up on time this morning at 9am (I was waiting for them for my neighbor).


They were very sweet and kind. We had asked if they would please leave us some trunk sections for "seats" at our fire ring, they went a step ahead and made me CHAIRS!!!! With backs! When I offered to tip them (actually was handing them a $20bill), they declined the money.



They joked, were funny, and entertained my kids well!

Now... I also wanted to add... they aren't bad to look at :D The two boys that came out were super cute! LOL! I most definitely enjoyed watching my neighbor's tree being removed ;o)

Anyhow, if you need tree services, they do rock, and are reasonably priced and insured.

2 comments:

Christina said...

I love your tree trunk seats :) how cool is that?!

Anonymous said...

Good words.