Sunday, August 17, 2008

On a Kick...

I am on a purging kick.

I want to try to purge about half of our household belongings. I realize that in all honestly, I will probably only be able to shed 1/3... but half is a great goal. I have already started packing and marking items for next year's consignment sale.

I am thinking that I want to be out of debt in 5 years. Totally out of debt, that way Carl and I will be able to build the house of our dreams and live self sufficiently. The hardest part is going to be cutting out ALL extras. But, I know it is better in the long run and that we will be happier not being under anyone's thumb.

That being said, the first room I decided to "purge" (including clothing, and toys) was the boys room.

We also were able to get their "new"beds together and they are incredibly excited about the change! (So is mom b/c it gave us a lot more room). Carl and I stained and poly-ed the bunk-beds. Not too shabby if I do say so myself.




1 comment:

Christina said...

way to go for wanting to get out of debt!! :D my dh and I are 58 (I think) days from being out of debt. You can check out his blog about our journey at www.ifiweredebtfree.com

Also the room looks great :) you did a great job!!