Tuesday, August 5, 2008

The Water Saga, Air Planes and the Nasties...

The water saga continues... We still have no water. We get a little here and there, but not much at all.

On Thursday, Mike, our oldest dog was limping and Cosmo wasn't letting him be, so I let Mike come into the house for a few days (he is 13 so I figured it might be nice for his hip).

Here is Mike:

Here is Cosmo:

This is Charc, she was innocent this time:Well Saturday morning (after 2 days of no water) I wake up to Rory asking why Arden is allowed to play in chili in the floor... I slowly realize we haven't had chili in days and that there are no bowls of it laying around... As I jump up and run into the dining room and play areas, I see it. Dog poo... everywhere... not just dog poo, but bloody diarrhea.

Well after an emergency visit to the vet, we are thinking it is just a virus and treating it with some doggie meds.

The boys' car track rug didn't make it, and neither did a few toy cars.

Thank God for our neighbor Deb! I would not be sane right now if it hadn't been for her. She helped me clean up, bathed my poop covered children, and kept them while I took the dog to the vet.

So, that is not the only nasties we have in the house this week, I can only assume that while we were at the doctor's office for the bump on Canyon's head, that we all caught something... something nasty. All 4 of us (Carl has thus far been spared) have the nasties. Nose, throat, chest, and headaches.

So, Sunday Carl is supposed to fly home from CO to our local airport and then turn around and drive to Society Hill, SC for an 8am meeting. Because of delays at the rental car drop-off he misses his 6 am flight. Delta gives him a later flight, it looked like he was going to be home by 8. 9pm he calls and there are more delays.

We decide that he needs to rent a car in Atlanta and drive to his appointment b/c if he comes here, he will never make it. One little SNAFU though, his SpecAn was in his bag and the airport won't give him his baggage... so I need to go to the airport to meet the flight he isn't on, and get his bag.

At 10:30 I call, check the flight, and head to the airport. My phone is almost dead... I call for an update, now it is going to be 12, so we go to sleep in the Target parking lot.

Needless to say, the plane came in at 2:45 and the kids and I got almost no sleep and this compounded with the nasties we have, is horrid.

But we are making it.

Carl got 55 gallons of water in a barrel tonight for us to use for the potty and washing dishes... Thanks to the Connely's

Pray for rain, please.

1 comment:

Christina said...

your puppies are so cute :D