Monday, January 25, 2010

After the rain...

It has been raining for a few days here in WNC, and really, I have no complaints about it. I love the smell, the sound, and the feeling of the rain, and after a few years of droughts, it is very welcome!

Our home has mountains on all sides, and most of our weather comes from the western mountains. We can see the clouds and rain start long before it gets to our house. After the rain leaves, there is this small window of time that is absolutely perfect to me...

The clouds start to clear, the sun comes out, there is a light mist, and a wonderful smell over everything. I can't explain that smell, but it is one of my favorites, and makes me miss the days of living in a tent on the river, and waking to the fog clearing off the water.

Here is a shot this morning of the western mountains as the rain and clouds cleared, I could not ask for a more beautiful place to live:

No comments: