Sunday, January 3, 2010

It is COLD outside...

It is cold here in WNC right now... really cold (wind chills are 15-20+ below at times). I even let all 3 of the outdoor dogs into the house a few days ago.

I have to say I am surprised at how cold it is. I haven't been in cold like this since living in the Cleveland area. Even in WV, when it got cold, it wasn't bitter like this.

I find it very interesting... mostly because the homes and people here are completely unprepared (us included) for the most part! The heating systems here are mostly "heat pumps" and once it is below freezing outside, they begin to work less and less, until there is a constant stream of 58-63 degree air being pumped into the home... While that isn't a horrid temperature in a home, it is chilly!

Other then that, the boys are recovering from another cold/flu virus, I think Can-Man may have an ear infection, and the dogs keep reminding me why they live OUTSIDE.

I hope everyone is staying warm and enjoying themselves! We are!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Your blog keeps getting better and better! Your older articles are not as good as newer ones you have a lot more creativity and originality now keep it up!