Monday, November 23, 2009

Little things...

Today, I have decided to realize how thankful I am for the little things :O) There are so many things we often take for granted.

I am thankful that my family has enough to eat, a warm place to sleep, running water, shoes that fit, and lives in one of the most beautiful places on the east coast.

I am thankful for a wonderful supportive family from my in-laws and my family.

I'm thankful that I have friends who love, support, listen, and cherish me.

I am thankful for the van I am driving, even if it does like to break down. It almost always gets us from point A to B, and I'm pretty sure it will continue to do so with a little TLC and encouragement.

I am thankful for my education and college degree even if I don't get to use it. Knowing the difference between words such as "your" and "you're" and between "it's" and "its" are fairly important in the English language, especially if you are ever going to be a professional in ANY field (as is knowing proper punctuation and capitalization). Little things such as these make all the difference between someone knowing you are intelligent and realizing that you really aren't. ;)

Little things that we often overlook are the things we shouldn't overlook and should be the most thankful for.

I'm just thankful all around today, and hope you all find something to be thankful for today too!

No comments: