Tuesday, November 24, 2009

Plans...

We have all heard the old Yiddish proverb "Man plans, God laughs" (Mann traoch, Gott Lauch), and it is so true!

We planned on heading out for the Thanksgiving holiday today, I planned on spending my day packing, loading the car, and hitting the road by late afternoon.

Needless to say, it didn't happen and the plans changed.

The van now has a working radiator. I figure now that there is a new transmission and new radiator in the van it should be running like new, right? LOL. It took until the afternoon for that to get finished, and I planned on getting the clothes and things packed to go while Carl was waiting for the van... Well, that didn't happen either, lol.

My middle son was a bit snotty last night and by this morning had become quite goopy and began to cry over an ear ache. We treated the ear with some black current seed oil which stopped the pain, and made him feel somewhat better, but he spent the day sitting in mama's lap wanting love and comfort. (To be honest it feels nice to be needed and loved so much by my little man.)

I planned on getting him dressed to o out and run errands... but I ended up letting him wear his footie PJs all day, even out to our Tuesday night dinner. Can you blame me? I just wanted him to be comfy and to feel better.

So here it is, 9:30 PM and I am now getting around to packing and cleaning.

I plan on leaving here early in the morning, but we shall see how amusing God finds those plans too :o)

I am thankful that my little guy has kept his spirits up, and that he doesn't seem too miserable, and that we will have a safe vehicle to drive tomorrow.

Just in case we don't get to update while traveling, Happy Thanksgiving everyone, I hope that you all get to spend some time with those you love and reflect on things that you are thankful for!

No comments: