Thursday, March 18, 2010

A week of changes...

This has been a week of up and downs for us...

It started out with Carl going to Washington DC for the week, and leaving me and the boys here in WNC...

A little later in the week, Blackie, the neighbor's beautiful old greyhound, had to be put to sleep. He began to go downhill quickly, and it was time to let him go in peace... We will miss him, he was a sweet dog and a great companion.

I then decided to reclaim my bedroom, and for the first time in 4 years, my bed is off the floor and on a frame again! It feels great to have my bedroom back from the children.

Then I decided it was time for Rory to have his own room, and to give him this, I had to take everything out of the playroom, take the beds and furniture apart to move them, relocate clothing, and put everything back into the room... but to do that, I also had to rearrange the other boys' bedroom, which meant more furniture dis-assembly and moving.

It seems that everyone is growing accustomed to the new living arrangements, Arden loves the top bunk in his room, Canyon is doing great in a big-boy bed, Rory is thrilled with his new room, and I have had a week of blissful sleep in my bed alone... I can't wait for Carl to get home to see the transformation of our house!

I can't believe how busy we have been this week, between school, after school events, and room changes, I am completely worn out!

No comments: