Monday, September 29, 2008

No Rest for the Weary

Well, last night followed the same pattern as the last few nights: no sleep for me.

I got a phone call sometime before 5, (it was early enough I am surprised I made it to the phone). It was Joyce, telling me that she was in labor, or at least that she thought she was... I convinced her that if she was in labor she should call the OB, and get things ready to go to the hospital.

So, I crawl out of bed, somehow make it to the bathroom, brush my teeth, get ready, get the baby in his car seat ready to go, and tell Carl that I am heading to the hospital. By now it is about 4:45 or so.

He groggily responded with "You have to take Canyon with you!"

My response was "Well duh?!" I mean does he think I thought he grew a boob or something?

About 5:15am I got to the hospital, just before Joyce, and we spent the majority of our day there.

No baby.

She wasn't in labor. Her labor was not stalled but wasn't working like it needed to. Since she is still only 36 weeks they decided after about 10 hours, to let her go home and come back if/when it picks up/really starts. I think this was a great decision. Babies need to bake in the oven as long as possible!

Joyce wanted to encourage the labor and walked like 7 miles of stairs and hall, and did what she could, but that little bugger just needs some more time to bake. (Good thing in my opinion). Man are my legs and back KILLING me. I better at least get a toned butt out of this.

So no baby, but great blood pressure, good on-going BH (early practice) contractions, and a great heartbeat!

This little one will be making his or her appearance very soon! Here is her belly right after her first "strip" was taken.


Here are a few more:





No comments: