Saturday, January 24, 2009

After 3.5 Years...

I finally decided to try to use my convection oven. Yup you heard me right, I have never used the convection oven feature on my oven... not with cookies, not with meat, not with anything. It has intimidated me horribly, and I am not sure why I decided today was the day to try it out.

I made a whole chicken, with potatoes, celery, and stuffing. It came out delicious! The skillet-stuffing was crispy on top and nice and soft on the inside... not burnt at all, and not overly crunchy.


And the chicken... oh the chicken was perfect. Moist all the way through, browned and flavored skin, and just pulled right off the bone.

I decided to go with the minimum on seasonings this time, and it worked out! I washed the chicken and patted it dry, and rubbed vegan butter, pepper, salt and garlic on the chicken before putting it in the oven. I sat the chicken on top of the potatoes so that the air would circulate under and all the way around the chicken. It worked out perfectly.

Here is what it looked like before we dug in:

No comments: