Thursday, January 1, 2009

Ringing in the New Year

We had a wonderful night ringing in the new year with friends and family... and celebrating Rory's birthday.

When midnight rolled around, it was only Rory, Carl, and I with sparkling grape juice in the bed watching, Arden and Canyon had fallen asleep hours before, and our friends had wandered off long before then. BUT the day was filled with love and it was wonderful to have everyone drop in to celebrate...

We got to see Sara, Asher, Isiah, Makena, Shaun, Deb, Vince, Barbra, Sonya, Sacred, Savanna, Rhett, Payton, Mary, Patrick, and his girlfriend; they all came by at one time or another to wish a Happy Birthday to Rory and a Happy New Year to the rest of us. It was great!

Kind of neat, Rory's birthday is 12-31, Payton's is 1-1, and Rhett's is 1-2. And we can't forget Dad Dad's on 1-1 too! What a week!

So the New Year means new wishes, new hopes, new promises... What are your resolutions? I have been thinking of mine.

I have the normal weight loss, go to church more, exercise more types of resolutions that never work out, but I have a few others that I really want to have work out.

#1.) To make more time for me and not forgo what I need just because someone else needs something.
#2.) To let more things go and not hold onto the resentment and bad karma associated with it.
#3.) To have more patience with the boys.
#4.) To make more time for Rory's schooling.
#5.) To make time for me and my husband without children.

My life revolves around these 3 little people, and over the last few months I have found that I am not getting the time and space that I need in order to continue to give them what they need. Every waking (and sleeping) minute that I have is consumed by the children in one form or another. I have begun to realize that I don't have the patience and energy that I need for the boys.

I love attachment parenting, and I feel that I have 3 well behaved and nice boys, but I need to be able to continue to raise them into nice men. I am not getting 15-20 minutes a day to myself right now, and I need to. So that is my #1 resolution. I believe that following through with that little thing will allow me to follow through with the rest of my resolutions.

So what is planned for all of you this year?

Enough of my rambling and seriousness. Let me end the old year and open the new one by saying "Happy New Year! I hope 2009 is more prosperous for all of us than 2008 was. We love you all."

No comments: